Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Alternative Christmas Tree

In Ukraine our "main" holiday of the year is New Years and our Christmas comes after. Living in a small apartment the only tree we could fit in was tiny, skinny parody of the tree. But I never cared much for the size of it, me and my mom still always managed to make it look cute.

The second year living in USA me and my husband moved in our apartment and he decided that we absolutely have to have a giant Christmas tree so that I can fully appreciate the holiday and get into spirit like every one else does. He made it happen. It took us awhile to get it on the second floor and he still had to trip the top of it so it wouldn't make a hole in the ceiling lol
Anyway...next year I said NO to live gigantic trees, because let's be honest, no one wants to keep finding the tree needles for the whole next year. We went with small and fake with some DIY ornaments
This year I haven't decided yet what I am going to do for our tree, but here are few ideas of alternative ways to create Christmas tree in your home. May it be a small apartment like ours or a big house. 


alternative christmas tree

alternative christmas tree by marixa on Polyvore

And check out Christmas trees from previous years
2010:
 2011:



No comments:

Post a Comment